Given that a person's eyes are the features that arrest attention whenever other people look at the face, women would do well to play up their eyes to enhance her face. There is nothing more attractive than tantalizing, lovely eyes.
The trick to creating eyes that will merit more than one second glance lies in the proper application of eye makeup, particularly the eye shadow. Here are a few tips and tricks guaranteed to make the eyes look adorable.
- Blend it well. One of the keys to perfectly madeup eyes is in how the colours of the eye shadow are blended on the lids. The colours of your eye shadow should be flowing smoothly and harmoniously from one shade to the other upon your lids. To do this, you will need to use 3 colours for your eye shadow: the base colour, the main colour, and the highlighter. Apply the base colour on your eyelids first, and then put on the main colour. Afterwards, highlight the crease of your eyes.
- Bring out the color of your eyes. The colours of your eye shadow should bring out the colour of your eyes, whether to match it or to go in contrast. Experiment with colours and see how good they go with your eyes.
- Feature carefully. The purpose for putting highlighting colour on the eyes is to set the eyes off and to complete the effect you are trying to achieve with your eye shadow. So it is important to apply your highlighter very carefully. Blend your highlighter at the outer edge of the crease to make your eyes look larger. If your highlighter is too close, you will end up with beady-looking eyes.
- Leave your browbone alone. Putting eye shadow on your browbone is unnecessary; simplicity goes a long, long way. Put color up to your browbone, but leave the browbone itself alone.
- Tone down the shimmer. Shimmer is great for bringing out the eyes, but be careful in laying it out, it can bring out not just the eyes, but also the lines and the wrinkles.
- Use a primer. Use a primer before applying your eye shadow. Putting a primer on not only makes your eye shadow look smoother, but also makes it last longer on your eyes.
- Work the lips. If you want to have dramatic red lips, keep your eye shadow light and use a concealer to hide unsightly lines on your lids. You would not want to look like a clown with red lips and heavy eye shadow.
- Limit the smoky hue. If you are trying your hand at a smoky eye, try to keep your colour on the eyelid and don't let it come close to the crease.
- Brighten with white. To make your eyes seem brighter add a few dots of white just on the inside of eyes.
- Colour, colour, colour. Experiment with various shades of eye shadow. If you bought something that you think is too dark or bold for you, try to mix it with other colors.