There is nothing better than treating yourself to a proffesional manicure or pedicure,but you can save money by doing it yourself at home.These tips will take your nails from ragged to refined in no time.
- Prepare the nails:Remove old nail polish and file into shape.
- Soak the nails:Soak the Nails in warm water to soften the cuticles.
- Prepare the cuticle: Gently push the cuticles back using stick.The first time you do this you may have a lot of cuticle. You can remove by applying cuticle remover.
- Apply cream: Apply hand cream to the nails and rub them in. Leave for 2-3 minutes and wipe nails with facial tissue to remove excess.
- Apply base coat: Apply base coat and leave to dry.
- Paint nail: Using a neutral, pale shade that matches the natural color of nail and paint the nails. Leave to dry, wait for 2 minutes then re-apply.
- Paint tips: Paint the naturally white tip of the nail with an opaque white or beige polish. In traditional french manicures, this white strip is straight across the nail, however if u let the polish curve with the natural nail then your nails will appear longer.
- Finish of With Clear Polish: You will want to finish off the nail with a coat of clear polish.This will protect the nails underneath.
- Clean Up Errors: Using an orangewood stick wrapped in a wisp of cotton moistened with remover and clean up any errors arround the nail.
- Let them Dry: It will take about 20 minutes to dry and be able to do small things. Wait for a full hour before using your hands.
- Now look at your beautiful french manicure nails.