As our fingernails are so noticeable and convey a message about us to everyone we meet, it is crucial we take just a little time and educate ourselves on how to care for them well. Follow these simple steps to get beautiful nails.
1. Always drink plenty of water everyday. It is good for your general health and a well-hydrated body contributes to healthy nails. Cracked nails may specify the need for greater fluid intake.
2.Apply varnish remover before applying the nail polish. This removes any grease on the surface of the nail and gives extra life to the nail polish, so make sure you do this despite of whether there is old polish on your nails or not.
3. Use a good quality buffer if possible once a week, no more than twice a week. Be sure not to buff too strongly and not for too long to avoid damaging the nail. Just a brief gentle buff before applying nail polish can help stop the polish from peeling due to a rough or uneven surface on the nail.
4. Use a soft nail file. Emery boards can be too coarse and damage the nail easily unless used with great care.
5. Wear protective gloves when doing any work that requires the hands to be sunken in water or come in contact with chemicals. If possible use gloves with cotton lining so they remain dry inside.
6. Give special attention to the cuticles regularly, using a moisturizing cream often to avoid the cuticles from drying out. Overgrown and ungroomed cuticles can harmfully affect nail growth.