Headlines News :
Home » , » Vote for my (first) franken!

Vote for my (first) franken!


Hi guys! My first franken! I've finally managed to finish a bottle of topcoat so I had an empty bottle to start the long-awaited frankening. I wanted to post my franken sooner but then I discovered the Franken polish contest at More Nail Polish, so I entered! And I couldn't post my entry anywhere yet before it was published on More Nail Polish.

My franken is called Smells Like Teen Spirit, named after the famous song from one of my all-time favorite bands Nirvana, as a tribute. The song isn't my favorite of them but it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the finished franken. I think the name fits the vibe of the franken well and I really wouldn't be able to come up with any other name for it, this franken was meant to be Smells Like Teen Spirit!
The polish is a blend of many different glitter and shimmer polishes. The result is a blue-toned purple base filled with silver, gold, blue, purple and iridescent glitter/shimmer in different sizes. And it needs three coats to get opaque.

So check out all the 21 amazing frankens that have entered the contest and vote for mine if you really think it deserves to win. The grand prize is a bottle of the rare Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Turquoise Opal!


Sun
Shade



 

And here's the recipe for those who are interested, it's a looong list of 11 polishes, I think I poured in about the same amount of each and I also included a picture of everything I used, 'cause isn't a picture worth a thousand words?

China Glaze - Gold Digger
China Glaze - Strawberry Fields
Orly - Galaxy Girl
OPI - Last Friday Night
H&M - Blue Wave
Essence - Choose Me!
Deborah Milano - #838
Paris Memories - #253
Paris Memories - #254
Diamond Cosmetics - Turquoise Glitter
LA Girl - Overdose


Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © Women Interest - All Rights Reserved